Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Day 258 - Mr Nil Orally


Pretty much spent all of today in a little hospital in Heidelberg - of all places - waiting with Nick for his knee operation. Arrived at 11.30am as requested, operation did not take place until about 6pm that evening.I wanted to wait until he came out of surgery to make sure he was fine - which thankfully he was. He could finally eat but had no appetite. So, didn't get home until about 9.30pm.Spent much of the day reading The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas - what a poignant but clever idea for a book dealing with the Holocaust.

2 comments:

  1. You could have visited me, I'm not far from there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that would have helped fill my day a little more interestingly. I gave up Sue's bloggers' luncheon for hanging out in a cafe in Burgandy St. with the boy in striped pyjamas. Oh well, next time (hopefully not hospital related)

    ReplyDelete